Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Caramel Pudding


BM # 35 Week 2 Day 2



For the second week of this marathon and desserts as my theme I will make a   Caramel Pudding today.This is a pudding that my family loves, specially my daughter and her little three year old. Every time he comes I try and make a small bowl for him, and try to shape it in different moulds .

This pudding is one of the simplest puddings with caramel.The caramel lovers simply can't do with one bowl .Now the intensity of the caramel is very very personal, I like my caramel to be nice and golden , towards the darker side, but you can always keep it light golden.Again one has the option to set the caramel like I do , or merge it. In that case you have to caramelized the sugar and pour the milk mix right away, you should not set the melted sugar. The taste in both cases is different .
Garnishing the dessert with zest is also optional, if you wish you could add nuts in your pudding, though it tastes equally good without them too. I being a chocolate fan poured some chocolate syrup, again this is optional.So friends go on make the pudding with so many options to suit your taste buds.




Pudding
500 ml milk
4 gms agar agar
Vanilla essence
Sugar to taste

Caramel
2-4 tbsp sugar

Garnish
Lemon zest
Orange zest
Pecans

Take a aluminum pan and sprinkle sugar in it.Place this over medium heat, let the sugar melt and turn to a deep golden.
Remove from fire and let it cool.
Boil milk .
Add agar agar and let it dissolve completely.
Add sugar and let it boil for 2 boils.
Switch off the gas and add vanilla essence.
Pour this into the prepared pan while it is still hot.
Let it cool down and once it comes to the room temperature, you. will observe the pudding has set.
Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2-3 hours .
I prefer to leave it overnight.
De mould the pudding.
Garnish with chocolate sauce , lemon zest,orange zest and pecans.




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. So yummy looking pudding. Perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the pudding looks stunning Vaishali..very nicely shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so perfectly set caramel pudding :) they looks fabulous dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pudding looks so perfect and delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! Even I am planning on making caramel pudding but steamed version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looks soo delicious. I too make pudding but with condensed and evaporated milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the photos are too good - you are making me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning presentation, Vaishali! Awesome pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a quick one...I have agar agar in my pantry. Will try this pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful presentation of the pudding.

    ReplyDelete