Paani Puri Shots


I have always been a Paani Puri addict  and this is very well known fact  in our family.Wherever I go ,my friends or family know that I have to be taken for this treat…not once ..but everyday till I am with them! Paani Puri is a weekly feature at home too.About a week back I was watching SK and these Paani Puri Shots.I simply loved this variation and so when Kalyani announced the Magic Mingle combo Whole Wheat and Corn I immediately decided on these shots.

For the paani
200ml............. mixed fruit juice
100 ml............ water

To be ground in a paste
4.......................green chillies
¼..................... cup mint
2tbsp.............. coriander leaves
½ tsp ...............lemon juice
Salt and black salt to taste
Make a paste with the above ingredients adding salt and juice.
Mix fruit juice and water.
Add the prepared paste.

Stuffing
2tbsp .................boiled corn kernels
1tsp.................... finely chopped onion
Pinch chaat masala
Salt to taste
Mix all ingredients to prepare stuffing.


4 whole wheat puris

For puris
1cup .....................whole wheat flour
½ cup ....................semolina
Mix the two flours and bind a dough.
Cover the dough with a muslin cloth.
Let rest for 15 minutes.
Roll into a big chapati.
Cut rounds with a cookie cutter.
Fry the puris adjusting the flame .
(this will give about 80 puris depending on the size you cut )

How to serve
Take a puri.
Lightly make a hole  in it. Fill the stuffing.
Pour the fruity paani in four  shot glasses.
Place the puri on top of the glass.
Eat the puri and drink the water.







This water is really spicy and since it’s a shot gulp it down in one go…and then you feel the heat of the chilly ,but along with it the mild sweetnes of juice …the minty flavor...aw..it  is simply awsome.I find it really cumbersome to make puris at home so I buy them from the market ,but if time permits one can always indulge into it.

Labels: , ,